11/26/07

Creating Space

"We have hints that there is a way of life vastly richer and deeper than all this hurried existence, a life of unhurried serenity and peace and power. If only we could slip over into that Center."
- Thomas Kelly

This year for Christmas I want unhurried devotion more than anything else. I want time spent alone with Jesus. I want to be still and know that He is God. I want the peace, joy, and love that we send to others in Christmas cards, but so rarely make space for ourselves. I want to spend time in the evenings alone with Paul. (Note: Adden, that means you need to learn how to sleep, little man! I love you dearly, but you sleeping is essential to my sanity.) I want to spend time with family, reconnect with friends, and reach out to neighbors. I want to see the season through my children's eyes and I want them to see beauty and lots of it.

If any of you have suggestions about how you create space in your life - especially at this time of year - please send them my way. I would love any help that I can get! Thank you!

1 comment:

Courtney O. said...

I really just try to do the things I enjoy, not all the things that i "think" i should do. I love to throw parties. BUT I don't like to clean. So, I do pick up before the party but I don't clean like a madwoman. I just enjoy the whole thing a lot more that way. The kids help me enjoy the season a lot too, b/c they love it so much. Every light they see, when in the car, they scream, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to stay frustrated, angry etc when they are squealing with delight. :)
We're also doing nightly quiet time / devos with the kids now and doing a jesee tree for advent. Hopefully both will get our focus on jesus.

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates