1/30/08

Gymboree Play and Music

So I'm delving into new territory here. After much prayer and seeking, God has provided a part-time job for me that will help meet some needs. I am in the process of becoming a Gymboree Play and Music Teacher.

Gymboree is a great early childhood development program that offers classes from infancy-5 years old. From an educator's perspective, I have been very impressed with the quality of this program and the depth of training involved. Besides teaching kids, one of their primary focuses is equipping parents with knowledge about their child's development and how they can equip and support their children - in order to provide a strong foundation for the rest of their children's lives.

I am pretty excited that God opened up this avenue for us for a number of reasons:

1. I get to teach, which is one of my passions. I get to use my education.
2. I will have a consistent schedule of Mondays (9-12) and Saturdays (9-2).
3. The kids will be in good hands with Paul's mom on Mondays and Paul on Saturdays.
4. Selah and Adden will get to attend any class for free. So I am thrilled for them because they're going to love it! It's like a little kids' paradise in there!
5. They pay well for part time - $15/hr
6. It never feels like work when you're doing what you love!

So, if you've got little tykes, you live close to a Gymboree center, and you can afford it, definitely check them out. It's a great early childhood program!




3 comments:

Courtney O. said...

good for you! and wow, they do pay well for part time! i just started working, waitressing, at nights and it's not as bad as i thought it would be (crazy schedule and all). I still spend all day with the kids and they are with brent when they are not with me... that makes it a lot easier.
good luck to you!!!!!

--- said...

wow, court. alas, we are working women again:) but i suppose we never stopped, with kids and all. glad to hear the waitressing isn't as bad as anticipated. i hope it helps you guys. i so loved your post about how to cut down costs. it has helped us tons already. thanks again. love you, friend!

Ashley said...

This sounds like a great opportunity! Especially since your kids get to have fun too :)

And it's got me wondering what I make per hour...lol...but then I'd have to factor in all of the hours I spend planning and grading and then it would just make me crazy.

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates