7/23/08

I Once... And Then

I once...

Sprinted after everything but God.
Abhorred every bit of who He made me to be.
Denied any trace of His existence in my life.
Left a wake of hurt in my footsteps.

And then.
And then He found me.

He beckoned.
Breathed significance.
Carved His own name upon me.
And erased all that was wrecking havoc in my life.
As the east is from the west.

I once was lost, but now am found.

I am found today
Living in freedom and joy and faith
Holding out hope that God can restore the most broken of lives
Treasured in His eyes
And Treasuring my One great Affection,
This Jesus.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

mmm breathed significance
This is beautiful, Kristin!

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates