11/10/08

Up For a Challenge?


I've got spoiled feet - flip flops, running shoes, black boots, a few unfortunate heels, ordinary loafers (who still wears those but me?), and my favorite pair of brown Sketchers. All in all, my feet have 13 different looks. Thirteen ways to dress up my horrid little feet.

It is estimated that Americans have 1.5 billion pairs of unworn shoes lying in their closets. I'm part of that 1.5 billion.

It is estimated that 300 million children have never owned one pair of shoes.

3oo million. And children at that. It's probably safe to assume that these kids aren't walking on carpeting either. As a mom, I cringe to speculate what a broken bottle could do to a pair of tiny feet. Without clean water and Neosporin and pretty Tinkerbelle band aids to make those jagged cuts better...

Imagine giving a ten year old their first pair of shoes? Can you conjure up the delight that would beam from this child? Shoes give dignity, bring hope, and save lives. Shoes have saved millions of lives. Shoes.

Soles 4 Souls is a non-profit organization whose goal is to impact as many lives with a simple pair of shoes. Just $5 buys 2 pairs of shoes. That's $2.50 a pair. What a deal! I've been known to drop a whole lot more than $2.50 to spoil my stinkin' feet.

So here's the challenge. Soles 4 Souls wants to raise funds for 50,000 pairs of shoes in 50 days. Let's blow that goal out of the water! Would you consider helping to tackle it?

Paul and I just donated $25. That's 10 pairs of shoes. Would you consider giving just $5? (Or more?) Just click here. Your $5 will buy 2 pairs. Forgive me if I sound like a pesty salesman, but I think this cause deserves it.

Would you mind helping me spread the word? Re post it on your blog, tell others on facebook, give shoes in honor of someone (birthday gift?), get your youth group involved, do whatever...

Just do something.

Thanks and thanks.
Much Love,
Kristin

1 comment:

Courtney O. said...

awesome! thanks for sharing it!

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates