3/3/09

Justice Praise

My God, He is just.

He is a refuge for the oppressed.
He is a stronghold in times of trouble.
He has never left those who seek Him.
He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted.

In Psalm 9:16, it says that,
He "is known by His justice."

I love that about Him. Like crazy.

He hears those who cry.
He sees their brokenness, my brokenness.
He invites us to intervene.

He's the One who heals.
We are the recipients.
But we are also the givers.

Justice and praise are all wrapped up in each other.
Entangled and intertwined.
Co existent and co dependent.

Because God is a God of rescue,
He beckons us
Out of our comfort
To love as He loved
And to seek justice for His people.

And when, when we've discovered that our purpose
Is more than attaining a quality of life
And less about remaining comfortable and secure
Then, we will find delight in treasures untold.

God, I want to praise you with all my heart.
I want wonders to tell about.
Help me to live within Your passions.
Because mine aren't worth dying for.
And Yours were.

(Reflections from Psalms 9 and 94)

No comments:

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates