6/19/09

Compel Me to You

Wisdom is

Profitable
Precious
Rich
Honoring
A treasure

Proverbs 3:17 says that, "All her paths are peace."
Not always mine.

I can be

Frantic
Driven
Poor
Anxious
Irritable

When wisdom isn't sought.

God invites us to, "Lay hold of My words with all your heart....
Get wisdom, get understanding." (Proverbs 4:4,5)

I want to walk with steps unhampered.
I want to run and not nosedive.
I want to live a purposed life.

Those words of His;
I need to guard them

From
Too busy
Too tired
Too enamored

With me.

Proverbs 4:23 cautions us to, "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."

Wellspring of life,
Flood over
This Heart.

Sear wisdom
In this soul.
And compel me
To You.

Compel me only to you.

1 comment:

EEEEMommy said...

Beautiful, Violet!!!

Thanks for your comment on my post. I was thinking of you as I wrote it. I think you would like Chase the Lion. It's only 6 weeks long, but packs a powerful punch!

 

Our Simple Expressions | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates